Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bienvenue mes amis!

Shalom.
My blog has begun.

Hopefully I keep this up.


My name is Benjamin Porter Zucker and I am living in Dakar, Senegal. I am currently working at the Alliance for Migration, Leadership and Development (AMLD), a global migration NGO, that aims to work within Africa and with the international community to implement initiatives which could bring tremendous change on the way migration, leadership, and development are linked and how their synergies can foster and boost African countries development framework.


I am running a migration health program here connecting the migrants living in Dakar to the health actors and services available. I do teachings and presentations about topics ranging from the symptoms and causes of global epidemics (HIV, TB, Malaria) to climate change. If you want to learn more, just ask!


InchAllah this blog will be:
1/3 travel blog 1/3 haiku, music, funny internet stuffs 1/3 public health information if you think of anything cool you want on the blog or just want to holler e-mail it to me at benjamin.p.zucker@gmail.com and ill read it fo sho

Tiny insect buzz
Whispering epidemic
Oh noooo, malaria!

Waaw, Dakar by night!
Stay alert, feel the dark night
Brush the sandy roads

Atlantic waves crash
Onto this developing
Land of teranga

Watch, look, and listen
Learn Africa from the people
I'm the migrant here

Pics so far:

http://picasaweb.google.com/benjamin.p.zucker/SenegalEstExellent?feat=directlink#


Alright, thats all for now.
I'll leave you with this because I am in Africa
and Akon est un vrai Sénégalais
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C1uqBbeaPI


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment